Blog Background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

We're Dancin'


So, fellow blog followers; I mentioned in a previous post that our life has been much like a storm recently and we've just been dancin' in the rain to move through it all...I'm sure you're wondering just what has been going on...I'll give you a quick re-cap.

In no particular order, heres the skinny:

1) To date we are under 100 days out from PCSing back to the states from Korea. Talk about a "To Do" list that is a mile (or two) long...it's growing and doesn't seem to stop. I just keep thinking to myself, I will NEVER get everything done. But then, my fellow Army spouses who have PCS'd before me and are what you would call PCSing veterans, continue to remind me that it will, and CAN get all done. In the meantime, I've got to crank out the actual "To-Do" list, and then cross off "crank out to-do list" off the actual list...and why am I writing this blog, it looks as though I should be writing a to-do list!! ha!

2) I'm in search of a job back stateside. Oh, what a headache! Currently, there is nothing available in my field of expertise: social worker, family advocacy. Heck, I'd even take an admin. job just to keep my government status! It doesn't help that there has been a hiring freeze within the federal government, or that our fearless leaders in Washington STILL can't come to a budget agreement! (That's another thought, for another time!) I'm really praying that it will be the Lord's will, that this hiring freeze is lifted soon, and the hopefully the flood gates of jobs will open and I can start applying again.

3) We are still slotted to PCS to Ft. Huachua, AZ. We are pretty excited, but sad that our friends who are currently in San Diego are now moving back to the east coast...we we're so hoping to have them on the same coast as us. But, luckily for them they will have a gig with stability and no deployments for a few years. We're looking forward to making new friends when we get to Huachuca, and I'm super excited to live out west...this will yet again be another adventure for us!

4) We recently found out that B's packet he put in (months, and MONTHS) ago for a gig in DC is continuing to be worked on, secretly I think we both forgot he put the packet in! ha!  So once again, we're not sure what is going to happen with this gig...which puts a slight wrench in our plans for moving to AZ. Yet, as with the Army nothing is definate and we're just simply in limbo. For now, we're still moving to AZ...but that plan could change at a moments notice... Did I mention that we are 98 days out from PCSing...ha! I love living life by the seat of my britches! ha!  

5) My dearest sister is getting married July 23rd. So I am in the process of planning her bridal shower from Korea! ha! Now, let me tell you how much fun that is! ha! Luckily, she's been a great help with getting our hometown church's fellowship hall booked. And, thank goodness for online shopping! I've got some great ideas for her shower, but I won't share till it's over because I want this to be a surprise for her!

6) In my freetime, ha! I've been trying to make it to the gym. Recently, I've been working on the "Couch to 5K" program, and a Kendra Wilkinson video! It's been a great way for me to relieve stress (from the above stated items), and work on my figure. To date, I've lost about 8 lbs. It's coming off slowly, but thats okay...hopefully that means this time it will stay off! 

Well, like I said before! We're dancin'! And, we'll keep dancin' till the Army life settles down a bit! For now, I'm thankful to have our faith, our health, our home, each other and the stability of the Army life (financially speaking). After that, the rest is just another day in the life of an Army family! 

Till Next Time,

XOXO from Korea! 
Mrs. GC  


No comments:

Post a Comment