Blog Background

Friday, April 1, 2011

Continuing Education...The Next Chapter!

Hello Again Fellow Bloggers!!

I know you all think that once again, I've fallen off the Korean peninsula, but never fear...I'm still here! We've been swamped with life, and I think we are finally starting to catch up with the whirlwind! *Shew, thank goodness!*

So, with that being said...TODAY I have a HUGE announcement to make!!

During some of my blogger break (please know this was once again unintentional!), it was a priority of mine to complete and submit my graduate school application. It's been about 3 weeks since I submitted it and I recieved an email this morning with an update....

I am proud exstatic to announce that I am one of the newest members of the UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND's CLASS of 2013 Masters of Social Work program!!!

This program is one that will be completely online, which is perfect for our ever changing life with the Army. It will take me 2 years to complete, with each course session lasting 8 weeks. So in other words, I will take one 3 credit hour course every 8 weeks! I know that I'm going to have to crank the work out, and stick to a very tight schedule...but the upside is that after 8 weeks, that course is under my belt!

Returning to school for graduate work has always been a goal of mine. Well, really more than a goal. It's something that I have known for quite sometime that I would HAVE to do before moving on with life... ie: starting a family! But let me be the first to say, that I am SO very glad that I took a few years off from school, got some "life" experience under my belt, and I NOW more than EVER feel completely prepared to return to school. I actually even feel as though I will contribute more to my class sessions and hundreds of papers I'll be composing now that I have this "life" experience, and after living overseas, I certainly see the world through different eyes! For this experience, I am ever so grateful!

So here's too...stratigically planning my schedules, late nights researching, reading and writing papers and furthering my career and my family's future by continuing my education!

Till Next Time,

XOXO from Korea!
Mrs. GC

2 comments:

  1. awesome kati! i am very proud of you!! i want to go back one day too. still not quite ready though! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I am so happy for you and very proud! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love you and miss you....

    ReplyDelete